6/12/08

Before I begin.

This is an attempt to reawaken the writer inside me. The first line on the cover sheet I send out with all my resumes states, “My kindergarten teacher predicted I would be a writer.” I go on to describe how I’ve taken that desire and witnessed its reincarnations as a college newspaper columnist, an advertising major, and finally as a graphic designer who abandoned words in favor of line and color, but whose obsession with typography hinted at an underlying love of the written word. While piles of college research papers may have briefly turned my simple love into an inevitable hatred, I can now claim victory over those four years of mental anguish and say that I have emerged with a desire to make sense of all the thoughts, images and words flying around inside my mind. And, says the twenty-first century, what better way to do so than with a blog? Here it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment