8/31/08

I fought the law...and the law (didn't really) win

So I got pulled over for the first time in my life today. I always wondered what I would do if that happened: be totally sweet and talk the cop out of the ticket, pull the girl card and start bawling, or wink and mention my passion for men in uniform. I did not think that being an asshole was the way I was going to go.

But I did.

So I was with Beth on Sunday and we were driving to Venice. I drove down a little street that dead-ends into the boardwalk where there is usually parking. There wasn't, so I u-turned at the end of the street to get out. Well, 2 seconds later a motorcycle cop pulls me over to let me know that there is no U-turn there. But there wasn't any other way out other than into a $20 parking lot! It didn't help that I snarkily said, "Well, where was I supposed to go?" or that I didn't have my current insurance on me, or that my car still has Michigan plates OR that "I fought the law and the law won" was playing on the radio. And I left it on. No joke!! For some reason though, (I'm guessing it was because Beth and I are totally hott) he let me go with a warning and a "Fix-it" ticket to prove my car has insurance.

Oh, womanly power :)

No comments:

Post a Comment